Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I show video in Confluence OnDemand while storing it on a separate server?

Davin Hoekstra March 3, 2014

Since there is a limit of 25GB in AOD can I store a video on a server and link it to display in Confluence OD?

Can I have it embedded or will it just be a link to the video on the server?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014
What we typically do at Atlassian is upload the video to YouTube and mark it as unlisted video. Then copy and paste the YouTube link into Confluence and voila! - it automatically converts it into an embedded video. There are no storage fees, it's a nice player and no one else can see the videos...only people with the video link or people who can view the page with the embedded video.
0 votes
Davin Hoekstra March 4, 2014

@ Bill Due to the limitation on space can clients connect to an Amazon Cloud solution (S3) and store files there yet present them in Confluence? My client is concerned they will run out of space quickly on Confluence. The current solution listed by Atlassian is to delete content which isn't really the way they want to go if they're investing in AOD.

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2014

Hi Davin, the add-on Ink lets you add files from the cloud into Confluence.

0 votes
Davin Hoekstra March 3, 2014

Thanks Bill. That's what I thought but wanted to be sure since it wasn't called out specifically as not an option. I agree with your recommendation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events