Can I set the PDF Export Stylesheet globally?

Vladimir Alexiev February 13, 2013

Can I replace confluencedefaultpdf.css so that my custom PDF Export Stylesheet applies globally? I searched our conf 3.5 installation and cannot find such file.

Can I set the PDF Export Layout globally? (Its components are title page, header and footer)

2 answers

2 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

Hello Vladimir,

In this case you have to enter and save CSS code itself to set the global PDF stylesheet, see below how to proceed:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF#CustomisingExportstoPDF-SettingaglobalPDFStylesheet

This kind of change that you need is applied by the above option and not uploading the 'confluencedefaultpdf.css' file itself, so this is the reason that you didn't find this file into your conf 3.5 installation, this file it's just an example based on the default that Confluence uses, so you can copy the content and edit to fits to what you need and then apply in the Confluence settings for PDF stylesheet as explained in the article above.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

LJ.

Vladimir Alexiev February 24, 2013

This DOC is for conf 5, and as you can see in the question we have conf 3.5, which does not have such admin function.

Can you explain where does conf 3.5 get the default PDF stylesheet from if it's not a file confluencedefaultpdf.css, as implied by https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Editing+the+PDF+Stylesheet ?

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2013

That functionality was introduced in Confluence 4.1. I am afraid that is not possible in Confluence 3.5.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events