Can I set just set an SLA on only on issue type

Currently with the JIRA Service desk, - I have three issue types, and I would like to set the SLA on just one issue type, so the remaining two do not have a SLA against them - does anyone know if this is possible?

Cloud based product

Thank you

1 answer

0 vote
Josh Steckler Community Champion Jun 20, 2017

Hello Julie,

This is possible. When you are setting up your SLA goals, you would use JQL to set a specific target for the one issue type that does have a target, and set No Target for the others.

For instance, if the one issue type I wanted the SLA for was defect:

Hi Josh

Thank you, would know if I can also add to the issue type the priority, as we have three priorities which I would like to set different goals?

Josh Steckler Community Champion Jun 21, 2017

Hi Julie,

As long as you can make a JQL string that meets the conditions, you can set a different SLA goal. This page details the JQL feature (aka Advanced Search)

Hint: If you build a filter using Basic search, you can switch to Advanced to see the underlying JQL. Then copy and paste that into your SLA config.

Hi Josh

Thanks again. I did try with this:

issuetype = Fault AND priority = Critical

but issue type fault with prioroty minor still set a SLA.

I just wanted an SLA against fault type and critical prioirty - would you have any ideas - thank you

You may have to set the opposite of that to No Target.

You have:

issuetype = Fault AND priority = Critical

One way to do the opposite of that is this, add this below set goal to No Target.

not(issuetype = Fault AND priority = Critical)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

257 views 5 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot