Can I remove activity from Test Sessions in Bonfire?

Adam Grace March 5, 2012

I annoyingly raised a bug for another project during a test session and it added the bug to the test session's activity feed and when I went to close the session, the unwanted bug was in the summary. I had to delete the session in the end which meant I lost the time spent working on the session too.

It's a little annoying to say the least.

2 answers

2 votes
aprentice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2012

We are working towards providing full support for Session Based Test Management (SBTM), as described here http://www.satisfice.com/articles/sbtm.pdf, in Bonfire. This approach recognises (actually encourages) that testers divert from the charter of the session when warranted, yet still include that effort in the session. That would include raising issues for other projects.

Some of the benefits from including these bugs in the session are:

• It provides a more accurate account of the testing that was performed
  • It provides the context in which bugs were found (it might be useful to know that bugs in x are often found when testing y in z for example)
  • It can help testers improve their test planning and test execution

When completing a session, Bonfire provides the option to not link any issue raised during it to the sessions' related issue, to cater for cases like this.

That said this approach may not be suitable for everyone. It definitely sounds like an issue for you. It would be helpful to know why you couldn't leave the session as it was with the bug for another project included in its summary.

Adam Grace March 12, 2012

I appreciate the benefits it can bring to the table, but when you have a tester that's accidentally entered or processed tickets for any client, those tickets appear on the target clients test sessions summary.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2012

The main point for deleting something from the activity is not, that one couldn't leave the session - sometime it just gets forgotten.

I just had a logfile mailed from a customer and attached it to the corresponding issue, now this action is undeletable in a totally unrelation session log which I forgot pause... To me this is quite annoying.

0 votes
gdavidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2012

The ability to alter the list of raised issues in a test session is now available in Bonfire 2.5.

More details are in the release notes at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BONFIRE/Bonfire+2.5.1+Release+Notes#Bonfire2.5.1ReleaseNotes-Alterthelistofraisedissuesinatestsession

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events