Can I have two Jira source applications in EAZY-BI?

raghuveerreddy panduga March 18, 2015

I am using JIRA Cloud.

I have a cube with my source .

Can I add two JIRA source applications in EAZY-BI?( One cloud and other Server)

If Yes,please help me in adding new source application.

If no,

How can I get the data from other JIRA source(server or cloud) into EAZY-BI.

Without importing Manually.

Please Suggest

Thanks,

Raghu

1 answer

2 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2015

Hi Raghu,

Consolidated reporting from different JIRA instances unfortunately is not yet supported by eazyBI. Currently all information in one eazyBI account is synchronized with one JIRA instance from which the import is made. 

The technical problems are that two different JIRA instances can have very different setup with different workflows, statuses and even more complex - custom fields (custom field references are stored using custom field ID numbers which will typically be different in different instances even if you use the same custom field name). 

There is a possibility to import data from any provided REST API source or from any provided SQL SELECT results and then map returned columns to eazyBI dimensions and measures. Please also take a look at column mapping example when additional data is imported to JIRA Issues cube. It maybe would be possible to use JIRA REST API which returns JSON results or query the other JIRA database with SQL select to import additional data.

If you would need further assistance with this, please let me know more details of how the two instances are linked together? Do they have the same issues with different properties (client/development JIRA?) and how / by which dimension the data could be linked in eazyBI. What is the reason why you use two JIRA instances and not just one?

Kind regards,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

raghuveerreddy panduga March 19, 2015

Thanks, Lauma for the quick Response. I want to import data from a JIRA server eg:jira.(clientname).com, so how can I import data into eazybi(I am using cloud JIRA). can you please explain me in detail on how to do this. Thanks, Raghu

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2015

Hi Raghu, Could you please describe your setup more - do you already have eazyBI Cloud account (What is the JIRA Cloud username of account owner?) and to this you would need to import additional data from JIRA Server? Or you are not interested in using the plugin for JIRA server and wish to import the server data to hosted eazyBI, even though the JIRA server data is not related to JIRA Cloud instance? You can contact me directly over support@eazybi.com Kind regards, Lauma

sujanak September 7, 2016

can i use two projects in parallel to created a report

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

@Lauma Cīrule  Do  we now have this  solution (when you have two instances or only via REST API source /SQL   since this post is 5 years  ago)  ?

Kind regards,

Moses

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2021

Hi @Moses Thomas!

No, during these last years, no changes regarding this have been made. eazyBI still runs in the Jira instance where it is installed, and adding information from other Jira instances is limited. 

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Like Moses Thomas likes this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

@Lauma Cīrule  Thanks for response.

Kind regards,

Moses

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events