Can I get plugins for the Jira enterprise Version: 3.7.3-#187x?

I am looking for Project Management plugins for JIRA Version: 3.7.3-#187x

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Yes, you can, but you'll struggle.

Jira has moved on a lot since that version and the plugins have either kept pace with it, or fallen by the wayside. If you're lucky, then a plugin that was around when 3.7.3 was a current version will have a historical version of the plugin that works for 3.7 in it's history and you'll be able to download that.

But a lot of plugins are more recent and not compatible back that far. I suspect you'll find you need to write your own if you insist on sticking with such an old version of Jira.

I'd highly recommend upgrading to a more recent version of Jira

Not a clue, as you've not told us what you're looking at.

The code for Jira 3.7.3 is still available if you have a current licence (in which case, why don't you upgrade to 5.2?), but for plugins, it depends entirely on if the writers have left it public at all.

And, of course, bear in mind that a lot of coding on plugins was started later than 3.7.3, so there simply was no code for that version.

Can I get the code developed by Atlassian approved developers on JIRA 3.7.3?

What would be the budgeted cost of upgrade for about 500 concurrent users?

That's technically another question, but...

1. Nothing, if you have a current valid licence

2. If your licence expired recently, talk to "sales at atlassian dot com" about getting it renewed

3. If your licence is too old, you will need to buy a new one. See http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing/?tab=download

You'll also need to budget time and costs of doing the work of course, but that's internal to your organisation.

Hi Mahesh,

Do you have any specific plugin on your mind. Please note that the most famous project management plugin which is Greenhopper only compatible from JIRA 3.13 and above. SO if you wish to use this plugin it is necessary for you to upgrade to at least 3.13.

Although, we always recommend you to upgrade to the latest JIRA version to ensure that you receive the latest feature and security advisory available for JIRA.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

254 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you