Can I edit Details on the Rapid board Plan view

HMP Administrator April 11, 2012

Can I edit Details such as "Reporter, Assignee, Fix Version, Affects Version, etc." on the Rapid board Plan view

2 answers

1 vote
Patricia Beyet October 23, 2013

It would be indeed very useful to be editing any of the fields via the pencil icon.
Opening the full view is a massive waste of time.
Do you have anyplan to change that soon? Or a good reason not to do so :)
Thanks

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2012

Click the issue key while in the Plan view which will open the details of the issue on the right pane. Then, click on the right top corner gear box and you can edit the issue there itself.

And for editing Description or Estimate, it can be done by directing using the pencil icon that comes while viewing the issue in the Plan mode.

HMP Administrator April 11, 2012

Thank you for your response. The gear box only has the options "configure, copy, delete and create" there is no edit. This may be a permissions issue that I can look into however I assume if I add "edit" to that menu I will be redirected to the task edit screen and thats not what I want. I was hoping to get the pencil-icon on each of the fields that are displayed in the details of the issue on the right pane so that I can make changes to the task without leaving the Plan view.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2012

Pencil icon to directly edit is not supported other than Description or Estimate. But for others, you should do edit and if you have edit permission you should be able to get the menu. Can u attach a screenshot?

Kannan S February 12, 2014

Renjith -- "Pencil icon to directly edit is not supported other than Description or Estimate" this is not true. In the version 6.2.2 of GH there is no pencil icon for estimate but present for "Description"

Suggest an answer