Can I Configure the Date and Time Picker Format for Greenhopper?

Pei February 5, 2013

In JIRA, I can configure the date and time picker's java format under Admin>System>Gen Config> Avanced Settings. Is there a way I can configure the format in Greenhopper?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2013

Hey there.

As far as I know, there is no actual option in GreenHopper that allows you to configure the date format. Since it is a plugin, the date format should follow the one that you have set in your JIRA instance.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+the+Due+Date+Input+Format

Warm regards,

Danial

Pei February 6, 2013

Gentlemen,

We installed the plugin in both of our JIRA instances. The date format in one version displays "MM/DD/YYYY", however, that causes errors in the Agile tool when the user tries to start a Sprint. In the other JIRA instance, I reverted the date format to it's default setting and Sprint works.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Pei

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2013

Hey there, Pei.

As we can see from the documentation that I provided you earlier on, I believe that the "MM/DD/YYYY" format could be the reason behind this. Can you please try with other date formats to see if it works? Perhaps yyyy-MM-dd OR MMM/d/yy?

Warm regards,

Danial

Pei February 6, 2013

Hi Danial,

We it was the formatting in JIRA that caused the error. I'm wondering if there's a way to configure date format in Greenhopper so I can still use the customized format in JIRA? So, MM/DD/YYYY in both JIRA and Greenhopper.

0 votes
Pei February 6, 2013

Timothy,

Please see my comment below. I'm trying to configure the date format in the Agile board and when starting a Sprint.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Where in GreenHopper would you like to configure the date format?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events