Buttons greyed out

Leslie Bauer January 13, 2016

I am trying to create a task project in BigPicture. It is not clear how to do this - the create project function is disabled. Do you know what kind of permission is required to enable it? Is this because of the trial version?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016
Hi,

Fear not, it's not a limitation of the trial. In fact, the trial has 100% of the features, it's just time-limited to 30 days.

In your case it's very easy to fix - sometimes during the installation, you don't have the proper plugin permissions granted automatically. Therefore it assumes you are not supposed to create new Programs and greys out the button. You only need to head to JIRA Administration->Add Ons and locate the Permissions tab under BigPicture on the left-hand side. Add yourself as the admin (or Creator of you prefer), and you will be able to start using the tool.

danny dalal June 2, 2016

I'm having the same issue, I'm also an admin, and I've added myself as Matthew instructed, but still all the useful buttons are grayed out (add task, subtask, indent, etc...).

Using most recent version of your software on JIRA v7.1.4

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

If the license is invalid, then all buttons are greyed out, too - please check if it did not expire.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events