Burndown taking multiple developers for estimation

Ian Miller June 21, 2013

When I put all my tasks into the sprint, and set the burn down to be based off time esitmates.

The chart just shows the total ammount of effort, and does not take into account the tasks will be assigned to muliple developers and some can be done simulanteously.

I've tried assigning the tasks to different developers, and this has no effect.

So a three week sprint, is actually coming out at 6 weeks, because we can't get the burndown to take into account the project has three developers.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ian Miller June 23, 2013

What i mean is I have New Feature A assigned to developer A, and New Feature B assigned to Developer B, however when doing the burndown it is as if these features will be implemented one after the other when in fact the reality is Feature A and B will be implemented at the same time.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2013

JIRA has never adopted the concept of an issue assigned to multiple people. So yea, what you're doing is not possible. If you have 2 developers at 2 story points each, then the issue must have 4 story points.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events