Broken pipe when attempting to publish artifact

David Schlesinger June 27, 2014

I'm attempting to publish an artifact from my remote agent to bamboo (version 5.5.1) using bamboo's artifact publisher. The build completes correctly up until the artifact publish step.

I have been seeing the following error (taken from the remote agents logs):

Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

I can't seem to find any information on what would cause this error.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2014

Which URL does your agent use? If it's the reverse proxy URL, you may want to point directly at Bamboo's Tomcat URL.

David Schlesinger July 1, 2014

It's a reverse proxy URL (running Nginx) and actual bamboo is on localhost. It would require a lot of configuartion changes otherwise.

Is it unusual to run bamboo behind a proxy? I seems like this would be a very common issue.

Like Luke Mico likes this
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2014

It's not unusual. But you won't find out if it's an issue with the proxy unless you reconfigure. Nginx versions quite often doesn't support full HTTP/1.1 . Some configuration options may prevent hte publishing from working too.

How about installing a different proxy then? For example, Apache?

Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

You can use nginx (I've done it) - I believe that the issue is that nginx strips out the Content-Length so you'll need to allow that header through. Your best bet would be to take a look at the nginx error logs and the bamboo server logs at the same time. One of them should tell you which header is missing.

David Schlesinger July 2, 2014

I managed to fix the issue by pointing directly to http://brokerURL:8085/agentServerrather then https://brokerURL/agentServer

Thanks for the help.

0 votes
Razvan Grigore October 26, 2015

If you want to keep your nginx reverse proxy, like we did, because of SSL offloading, you need to add this to your config:

client_max_body_size 1G;

The size depends on the artifacts size you have.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events