Bitbucket SSL certificate problem

I can't push a repository that already has code in it to an empty Bit bucket repository. I've tried pushing through Source tree and command line but each time I get the same error and can't figure out how to fix it.

I try to push:

I get this error:

I can push my repository to github fine, and I can clone a repository from Bit bucket and it'll work fine as normal but if I try to push an existing repository to Bit bucket I get that error. Any idea how to go about fixing it?

2 answers

Hi Andrew, I found this thread here and it appears to be the same issue. You may want to check the suggestion posted there.

It is somewhat similar I would agree there. Do you know how I would go about verifying that I have the most up to date certificate for Bit bucket on windows? Or where to get the most up to date certifcate for Bit bucket?

You can get the certificate (.pem) directly from bitbucket site. You may use portcle software as in this guide for JIRA (step 1 to 6).

We have been unable to reproduce this issue at the Bitbucket office, but are still tracking this issue at Please come to that issue with any other information or details about your environments. Any extra data may be helpful for us to see what may be happening for you.

-Bitbucket Support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

157 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot