Bitbucket - Issue Number as Separate Field

Is there any way to move the auto-numbering of issues from the Title field into a separate field?

The way it is set up now, makes it impossible to sort like issues together or even to sort numerically (you get 1, 10, 11, 12 ,13...) when you sort by title.

I have used a standard naming process for issues that would allow us to sort issues together so that the programmer addressing them can see all related issues at one time rather than manually searching through the entire list looking for similar ones.

For example, we use "Component - Sub-Component - Issue" when we title an issue.  However, the auto-inserted issue number makes that useless for sorting and forces me to copy all issues to Excel, separate fields and manually sort them.  If I'm going to have to do that...bitbucket loses a lot of its usefulness for us.

So, how do I move the issue number to a separate field?  

Thanks

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

57 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you