Bigpicture Synchronisation fails if the issue is not part of Filter

We are noticing that if the issue(tasks,subtask, defect or change request) is not part of the filter used for program configuration, the Start date and Due date fields updated in the issue screen are not synchronized back in BigPicture. However, the Start/Due dates are changed in BigPicture Gantt window, issue fields are updated.

It seems, there is only one way synchronization(From Bigpicture to JIRA) for issues not in filter?

If yes, this seems to be show stopper for us.

1 answer

1 accepted

I had to check this and you are correct, no matter the sync settings changes made in JIRA are not synced to the task's start and end dates on Gantt, and as a result they do not match the actual JIRA values. However, this is NOT by design - it's simply a bug, a major one at that, and will be fixed ASAP.

It currently has Critical priority and is confirmed on our test instances:

Any tentative timelines on when this would be fixed? This will affect our decision to purchase this add-on

It's not an easy bug to fix, and the developer who implemented this feature in the first place will be back from his vacations on the 15th. It may take a while, but a reasonable while. Would the end of this month be OK with you?

End of month would be OK. We are using JIRA 6.4. Will we be able to use the Fix version on this instance of JIRA?

Of course! We support both JIRA 6 and JIRA 7, and in the first case from 6.2.1 all the way to 6.4.12 to be exact.

Is this still on track and scheduled by this month end?

Yes, it is on track. On Tuesday we will have one release without the fix, but the one after that will fix this problem.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

301 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot