Best CRM integration

Christopher Mason December 14, 2011

Our organization is rallying around our atlassian onDemand suite. The development team is all over JIRA, we are starting to get the project teams using confluence and jira, and our sys admins are really getting into fisheye and bamboo. Our sales team is very small, and our account management folks straddle the line between client facing and the internal lead for pushing support issues through the pipeline. Currently we are not using any single CRM tool to handle client data (series of google docs) and would like to start using one which plays best with our ondemand atlassian stuff.

Salesforce seems to have the most support currently, but that is a huge system which has complexities and features that are overkill for what we need. Zoho is a little more manageable (and we have setup a demo account there and taiiored it to something closer to what we need). One of our AMs has been playing with Highrise and has it setup and working pretty well for himself. As for the integration support for Salesforce, it currently seems to be only for JIRA to sync "issues" between SF and JIRA. I don't see our account managers utilizing issue tracking in salesforce - they are all trained and comfortable using JIRA. What we really are looking for is integration between CRM X and confluence.

We currently use JIRA+Confluence like this: each "project" (from the company's perspective) is represented as a JIRA project and has it's own confluence space. There's an SVN repo (which we're moving to fisheye) for each one as well. There could be multiple projects all tied to a single client, so we are considering setting up a space for each client - or at least a Clients space and have a page for each client. From whichever CRM we start to use, we would like to connect it to those confluence pages such that from any JIRA issue on post-launch bug reports or JIRA task for pre-launch development anyone in the organization could quickly swim up to the confluence project page and then to the client page (if needed) and have access to relevant client/account data.

We're thinking mostly about contact info, SLA's (or other contractual obligations we've made), and some other details about the client which would be useful for our project and development teams to know. So I don't know what level of integration is possible or what it would look like- embedded gadgets i guess? I'm just looking to see what's possible at this point.

7 answers

1 vote
Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2015

I realize this is a thread from 2011, but as the last comments are from 2015, I guess it's still alive. Our organization sounds quite similar to Christopher’s, we mainly use Atlassian products and built our process around them. We wanted to do CRM inside JIRA, rather than an external application. So we decided to build an Add-on that would do this for us. 

The add-on is available for JIRA Cloud and basically adds a ‘company’ and ‘contact’ entity to JIRA. You can add client data to companies and contacts and link them to relevant issues. This allows you to access client information from an issue and see all issues for a client.

We’re working hard to add more interesting features to the add-on, so if anyone has any suggestions, do let us know! We’re currently looking into the possibility to add custom links to companies and contacts, which would allow you to add a link to, for example, a confluence space or page.

The add-on is called Relations for JIRA and can be found here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/nl.avisi.jira.plugins.relations-for-jira/cloud/overview

0 votes
Tim Mohrbach February 25, 2015

I'm very interested too!

0 votes
Jiri Hana February 3, 2015

Yes, it would really help. Thanks.

0 votes
Roy Russo January 29, 2015

It's an old post, but I'm in the same situation, help will be appreciated..

0 votes
Annie Ioceva August 6, 2013

Hi Christopher,

Would you share what CRM + Confluence + JIRA solution did you choose to go forwards with?

Thank you,

Annie

0 votes
Rich Coleman November 29, 2012

use Zapier.com for Highrise Jira integration.

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2012

You can integrate your existant tools/systems via JIRA API (http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/). More customized integration will need to be developed inside a StandAlone instalation, since code customization is not supported inside OnDesmand platform.

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events