[Behaviours Plugin] Jira keeps behaviour rules when creating a new issue when viewing another issue ...

Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Hi,

I'm using Behaviours plugin, and I have a "bug" :

When I'm viewing an issue, its behaviours are correctly applied.

But when I click on "Create Issue" at the top, the creation form keeps the behaviour rules from the issue that I'm currently viewing behind the form ...

Is it normal ? How can I have the correct behaviours on the creation form, even if I'm viewing another one behind ?

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

What version? This was fixed a while back, unless it's a different manifestation.

Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Version 0.5.0. My Jira version is 5.0.7.
I didn't check the release notes for the latest version ...

Does the latest versions work with Jira 5.0.7 ?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Can't remember, probably not. You can see in marketplace.a.c.

Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Ok. I tried 0.5.1, 0.5.2, and 0.5.3 and no one works with my Jira 5.0.7 version.

Jamie, have you any idea to fix it ? (even if I must modify source code ...)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Modifying the source code is inevitable. You'd have to back port whatever the relevant changes are, but it will be hard (particularly if you run the tests). If it wasn't I'd have done it myself. I had to make a decision not to support older versions just because I don't have time to do it, particularly given that the atlassian DOM and javascript has no fixed API or spec or anything.

Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

I would like to try to modify the source code, but I need to know where the problem is. Let me know if you have any idea ...
Thank you :)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Try adding: behaviours = new Array();

under: AJS.$(document).bind('dialogContentReady', function (event, dialog) {
Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Ok, I've just tried to add it into the clientvaljq.js file, I thought it will be ok, but it's not.

Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Jamie, another question : is there any way to export and re-import the behaviours configuration ? Is the XML stored somewhere, and possible to get it ?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

It's in the db - did you search the issues list or wiki or answers? I've answered this before with the exact sql you need. I can work it out again if you can't find it.

Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Ok thanks, i should be able to find this.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Basically, look in propertyentry for something like %Behaviour%, then join on propertytext (iirc) to get the config.

Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Yeah, I built the sql request. Thank you.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2013

Hey Jamie,

I had the same problem (if you remember https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/79103/jira-behaviours-validators-bound-to-issue-opened-in-the-background) We fixed the bug locally...

Now I updated both JIRA (5.2.11) and behaviours plugin (0.5.3) and the issue reappears. You said that you fixed it but I'm afraid that I can fully reproduce the same problem we had about a year ago.

If you're on the view isue screen, want to create a new issue, the behaviours get merged are not completely reset. Could you have another look at it? If you want I can provide the code we wrote to fix it in the first place...

Thanks anyway

Cheers Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events