Basic scrum setup OnDemand

Jordan Hochenbaum September 19, 2013

I recently signed up for JIRA OnDemand and assume that means I am the administrator. However, when I log in to mycompany.attlasian.net, I don't see any of the settings described in the Getting Started with JIRA OnDemand and other similar documents. The main scrum dashboard says "There are no options available to you right now. Please contact your JIRA Administrator for help." As such, I can't create a project, add users, and ultimately a scrum board to start out agile workflow. I've double checked and both JIRA and JIRA Agile are active when I go to "Configure your OnDemand Instance" on my.atlassian.

Any thoughts? How do I give myself administrator permissions to configure everything after purchasing OnDemand and the additional al la carte features? Thanks for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2013

I suspect you aren't logged in. Do you see the login link in the upper right corner? Might you have more than 1 account?

As administrator, you will want to review the Global permissions here:

https://mycompany.atlassian.net/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa

If you haven't solved this by now, please open a support ticket and we can shed more light on this.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Jordan Hochenbaum October 9, 2013

Hi Jason, indeed you suspected right. I had contacted support and apparently, when I signed up, two accounts got created somehow. I believe this was due to having my personal and my corporate gmail/google apps accounts both logged in. So when I registed, it defaulted to my personal email, and then I switched it (at least I thought!) to my corporate email, which was the issue (in fact, it created a separate account, without admin permissions). It was as simple as giving admin priveleges to my work account, and deleting the other one connected to my personal email. Now everything appears as one would expect, and everthing is scrumming along :)

All best,

J

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events