Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo does not open application GUI on 64 bit machine.

Paresh Patel December 18, 2011

I am trying to run some QTP scripts on remote agent which is of 64-bit.

It invokes applications like QTP, and Internet Explorer, but it does not show their window.

i.e. Applications are invoked only in non GUI format.

The same thing works well on 32-bit remote agent.

Am I missing any configurations for 64-bit Remote agent?

2 answers

0 votes
Paresh Patel December 28, 2011

Hi Przemek,

I ran control userpasswords2, and got 'User Accounts' window.

Howver, I could not find the User must enter a user name and password to enter this computer setting on that window and neither on the properties of the required user.

The machine I am using as Remote Agent is Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition Service Pack 2

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2011

Does the problem happen if you start the remote agent from an interactive session?

Paresh Patel December 19, 2011

Hi Przemek,

I am relatively new to Bamboo. Hence not getting the term "Interactive session"!

What I do is

1. Open the Bamboo Remote-Agent through Remote Desktop Connection.

2. And from my machine, log-in to Bamboo-client and trigger the build manually.

I have been adviced to keep the Remote-Agent desktop open as the tests are exected by QTP and are GUI based.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2011

I am relatively new to Bamboo. Hence not getting the term "Interactive session"!

Basically, logging in (directly or RDC) and starting the agent manually.

You can try the following:

1. In a cmd windows type “control userpasswords2″ and press enter.
  2. Uncheck “User must enter a user name and password to enter this computer” and click Apply and OK. Select the user that should run the tests.

If that works, make sure your workstation is compliant with your security policy - I haven't checked this, but you should probably remove the remote login access right to this user and run the agent using runas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events