Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo deploy to multiple agents

Damian Alarcon October 14, 2013

How can I make bamboo deploy into multiple remote agents? I have 4 servers I need to deploy on, but when I try to do it, it only takes one agent each time instead of do the whole process on each agent of the same deployment project. Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

1 vote
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

hmmm...Not exactly sure what your question is regarding so here's a few options.

If you're trying to deploy the remote agent jar, that's done one at a time, generally manually. (this is the jar file that enables a computer AS a remote agent. Then it (the remote agent server you just installed) can do builds and deployments.

If you're running a build or deployment plan each plan will run on a single agent (either local or remote). Bamboo doesn't have any simultaneous multi-agent distributed building/deploying capability that I've ever heard of. Though I could be wrong.

If you're trying to deploy to multiple application servers (not remote agents but application servers that are not "bamboo" servers) you can run those jobs concurrently by creating multiple deployment jobs in a single stage. This is slightly different than what you may have done previously like multiple tasks in a single job (these run sequentially).

If you have some requirement that a specific remote-agent must be used to deploy to one or more application servers (perhaps for security reasons for example r/a 1 deploys to server A and B, r/a 2 deploys to server C and D etc.) you'll have to set up a specific plan for each remote agent (just clone your first and then alter the details to restrict to subsequent servers both r/a and destination servers) You might be able to configure this part with different jobs but I don't think so.

If I haven't captured the intent of your question with my response, please quote the example closest to your problem, refine your question for the points I missed and I'll try again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events