Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo - Undeploy an application on JBoss 7 is failling

ridwan nizam June 30, 2014

I am trying to undeploy an application on JBoss 7, I am getting the error below.

Although I added the suggested paramter , but I am still getting the same issue.

An unexpected error occurred
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: Operation failed
at org.jboss.threads.AsyncFutureTask.operationFailed(AsyncFutureTask.java:74)
at org.jboss.threads.AsyncFutureTask.get(AsyncFutureTask.java:268)
at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient$DelegatingCancellableAsyncFuture.get(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:413)
at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient$DelegatingCancellableAsyncFuture.get(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:365)
at org.jboss.as.controller.client.helpers.standalone.impl.ServerDeploymentPlanResultFuture.get(ServerDeploymentPlanResultFuture.java:69)
at org.jboss.as.controller.client.helpers.standalone.impl.ServerDeploymentPlanResultFuture.get(ServerDeploymentPlanResultFuture.java:42)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.jboss.api.StandaloneController.processResult(StandaloneController.java:190)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.jboss.api.StandaloneController.undeploy(StandaloneController.java:128)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.jboss.tasks.UndeployJBossTask.execute(UndeployJBossTask.java:30)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.jboss.tasks.AbstractJBossTask.execute(AbstractJBossTask.java:36)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.executeTasks(TaskExecutorImpl.java:220)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.execute(TaskExecutorImpl.java:98)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.pipeline.tasks.ExecuteBuildTask.call(ExecuteBuildTask.java:75)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent.build(DefaultBuildAgent.java:181)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.BuildAgentControllerImpl.waitAndPerformBuild(BuildAgentControllerImpl.java:101)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent$1.run(DefaultBuildAgent.java:108)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.pipeline.concurrent.NamedThreadFactory$2.run(NamedThreadFactory.java:55)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Could not connect to remote://172.16.202.29:9999 in 5000ms. Make sure the server is running and/or consider setting a longer timeout by setting -Dorg.jboss.as.client.connect.timeout=<timeout in ms>.
at org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementClientChannelStrategy$Establishing.getChannel(ManagementClientChannelStrategy.java:120)
at org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementRequest$1.run(ManagementRequest.java:101)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
... 1 more

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ridwan nizam July 15, 2014

I have received a resposne from one of my friends who faced the same issue, according to the support team, the plugin doesn't support JBoss 7.

0 votes
ridwan nizam July 9, 2014

Sorry for the ambiguity, here is the list of jars extracted from one of our tests that successfully connecting to JBoss remotly through JMX

/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/commons-lang-2.5.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/ironjacamar-jdbc-1.0.7.Final.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/jboss-logging-3.1.0.GA.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/jboss-logmanager-1.2.2.GA.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/jboss-marshalling-1.4.2.Final.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/jboss-marshalling-river-1.4.2.Final.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/jboss-remoting-3.2.17.GA.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/jboss-transaction-api_1.1_spec-1.0.0.Final.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/log4j-1.2.17.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/remoting-jmx-1.0.1.Final.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/xnio-api-3.0.7.GA.jar
/jmx_remote_call/target/dependency/xnio-nio-3.0.7.GA.jar

The jars were retrieved from these maven dependencies :

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.ironjacamar</groupId>

<artifactId>ironjacamar-jdbc</artifactId>

<version>1.0.7.Final</version>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>com.google.protobuf</groupId>

<artifactId>protobuf-java</artifactId>

<version>2.5.0</version>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>commons-lang</groupId>

<artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>

<version>2.5</version>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.remoting3</groupId>

<artifactId>remoting-jmx</artifactId>

<version>1.0.1.Final</version>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.marshalling</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-marshalling</artifactId>

<version>1.4.2.Final</version>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.marshalling</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-marshalling-river</artifactId>

<version>1.4.2.Final</version>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.remoting3</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-remoting</artifactId>

<version>3.2.17.GA</version>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.xnio</groupId>

<artifactId>xnio-api</artifactId>

<version>3.0.7.GA</version>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.xnio</groupId>

<artifactId>xnio-nio</artifactId>

<version>3.0.7.GA</version>

</dependency>

</dependencies>

0 votes
ridwan nizam July 9, 2014
Yes it is reachable. As un update, JBoss support team asking whether you are using the special jars for JBoss 7 when trying to connect to JBoss 7. The required jars are included in the classbath for JConsole in the file JBoss 7/bin/jconsole.sh
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2014

Not sure what the mean by special jars. We're using 7.0.0 connector jars.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2014

JBoss is not a supported platform for Bamboo. Also, running Bamboo together with other apps on the same container is not supported. So, undeploy may not work for this or other reason, but there's no need for it to be working anyway.

ridwan nizam June 30, 2014

Let me explain it in more details :

- I have a build plan, this plan has an output artifcat .war .

- I have created a deployment project, in that prject I need to undeploy my application on a JBoss server and deploy the new artifact using the task "Undeploy JBoss 7.x Application"

ridwan nizam July 1, 2014

More details can be provided. I have catalina.out file.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2014

Ah, I thought you were deploying Bamboo to JBoss. Is 172.16.202.29:9999 reachable from the agent?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events