Bamboo Fails a build just beacuse i dont have tests

I have configured a Maven project with goal as Clean package. the Compilation goes on fine and i see build successful message. In the next line , i see a message "Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found."

Is there a way i can get around this

1 answer

Check your build specific configuration - there is a place to specify whether or not tests are expected. If you have no test, then change configuration to reflect that so the build does not fail.

Go to your plan: Actions -> Configure Plan -> Default Job -> Tasks

Then if you have a Maven task, look at the bottom where it talks about Test results. Or it may be in another task depending on your plan configuration.

Could you please specify where i can set this --> not to fail build in case of no tests .. i Am new to Bamboo.. trying toexplore this

Did you found an answer?

Go to you job configuration and click edit, at the end of the page, there is a line which says:

Where should Bamboo look for the test result files?

The box near the option "The build will produce test results." shouldn't be clicked

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published 28m ago in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working   must be molded to their unique circumstances  – type of s...

10 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot