Bamboo Deploy Project does not look for updated Shared Artifact

Sean Conlon March 31, 2014

We have an on-site Bamboo environment, and I am fairly new to Bamboo. I have a build project with a Plan that produces a WAR file that is a shared artifact. I can confirm that the artifact is shared by looking at the successful build's artifact tab, and I have confirmed on the server that the file exists as well. However, when I reference this shared artifact from within a Deployment Project, I receive the error below.

01-Apr-2014 08:02:21 /ci/bamboo/bamboo_home/artifacts/MWA-MWAWSTRANS/shared/build-00004/MWA_WS_TRANS_WAR is not a directory
01-Apr-2014 08:02:21 Unable to download artifact Shared artifact: [MWA_WS_TRANS_WAR], pattern: [*.war] anchored at: [target]

No matter how many times I build the Plan that produces the WAR file, the Deployment Project always looks for build-00004. I know that the file exists on the server, but there is no directory for build-00004:

ci00:/ci/bamboo/bamboo_home> find . -name 'McWebAccessWS.war' -print
./artifacts/MWA-MWAWSTRANS/shared/build-00011/MWA_WS_TRANS_WAR/McWebAccessWS.war
./artifacts/MWA-MWAWSTRANS/shared/build-00010/MWA_WS_TRANS_WAR/McWebAccessWS.war

Why does my Deployment Project not look for the latest version of the Shared Artifact?

Thanks,

Sean

4 answers

0 votes
Jakub Kubiak March 30, 2015

We have the same problem that appeared for the first time today. Our build plan shares a vendor artifact and I can confirm that this directory is created and populated with files. During deployment (directory build-00551 doesn't exist at all):

/bamboo-home/bamboo/artifacts/PLAN-ID/shared/build-00551/vendor is not a directory

Unable to download artifact Shared artifact: [vendor], pattern: [**/*] anchored at: [vendor]

There was no bamboo update lately, we still use 5.5.0 build 4304

EDIT:

@Jacob Eggers, we found fix that worked for us:

Resolution
Re-enable the "Artifact Copier" plugin:
Go to Administration -> Manage add-ons
Select "System" from the filter drop down
Find the plugin "System Builders"
Enable it

0 votes
Jacob Eggers March 26, 2015

I started having this problem too. I have a js plan which depends on an npm plan. The first js build after the npm build works, but thereafter I get the following error:

simple	26-Mar-2015 17:08:37	Starting task 'Download node module' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-artifact-downloader-plugin:artifactdownloadertask'
simple	26-Mar-2015 17:08:37	Preparing to download plan result OVF-JNI417-9 artifact: Shared artifact: [utils node modules], pattern: [**/*] anchored at: [JS.Projects/utils/node_modules]
simple	26-Mar-2015 17:09:22	Artifact [utils node modules] downloaded successfully in 44s to: /JS.Projects/utils/node_modules/
simple	26-Mar-2015 17:09:22	Preparing to download plan result OVF-JNI417-9 artifact: Shared artifact: [App node modules], pattern: [**/*] anchored at: [JS.Projects/App/node_modules]
error	26-Mar-2015 17:12:15	Unable to download artifact Shared artifact: [App node modules], pattern: [**/*] anchored at: [JS.Projects/App/node_modules]
0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2014

Did you created a new deployment release after building your plan? Single release always relates to specific build. If you want to use updated artifact you need to create a new release.

0 votes
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

Which Deployment Project task is failing? The artifact download? What have you selected in the configuration of this task: All artifacts or Individual WAR file?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events