Backgroung re-indexing does not work after upgrade from 5.1.8 to 5.2

After migration from Jira 5.1.8 to 5.2 there is impossible to perform background re-index: Jira says: JIRA is unable to perform a background re-index at this time because the index files are either missing or corrupted. and Background re-index option is disabled (see attachment). I've tried to remove all index directories from path: $JIRA_HOME/caches/indexes and run normal re-index (with locking Jira) - it doesn't help. Background reindex option is still unavailable...

1 answer

0 vote
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Nov 14, 2012

Hi,

So the background re-index option is still unavailable even after performing 'Lock JIRA and re-index'? I think you might want to raise a support request for this, along with the attachment that you mentioned earlier. Please also include a support ZIP so that the support team can help you better.

Cheers,

Joe

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 7 hours ago in Agile

What is ChatOps? A guide to its evolution, adoption, and significance

I am the product of AIM. I can hear that door swinging open and closed in my mind with absolute fidelity. I’d recognize that ding anywhere. At 15, as I typed away into AOL IM, I never imagined that ...

22 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you