Auto assignment a ticket - Custom Field Type: Select List.

Hi Support,

We are looking for a auto assignment based on custom field value.

Scenario:

Consider we have projects Project A, Project B, Project C etc...

and there is a custom filed “Category” (Field Type: Select List) Values are Architecture, Circuit Design, Verification etc…

When users files a ticket under Project A when select Category value to Architecture. Ticket should assign to Developer/User1

Like that Project A when select Category value to Circuit Design Ticket should assign to Developer/User2

Project A when select Category value to Verification Ticket should assign to Developer/User3

Please let us know how to achieve this? Let me know if any questions and consider that has high importance.

Regards,

Venu.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, components and component leads does exactly this.

A component is a select list (however multi-select). For certain projects, we couldn't go with a multi-select list and had the behaviours plugin copy a select-list value to the components field to workaround this issue.

A component lead gets assigned to the ticket if you configure in the JIRA project for it to do this.

Vishnu, you may also use the Script Runner plugin and get your logic implemented in the script.

Component watcher plugin fills our requirement.

Hi,

JIRA Enhancer Plugin has a post function "Assign issue to a role based on a field in issue"

You can do such assignment using this plugin. However it only assigns to a project role, not to a user in custom field.

Tuncay Senturk

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

150 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you