Girish Shenoy May 29, 2014

Hi Team,

I have configured Listner as following

• Action ID 201
  • Event ID 6
  • Only do when current user is the Reporter? Reporter
  • Project Key ISTHELP
  • Status 10032

I use JEMH as my incoming email processor. I have configured JEMH to fire Issue Commented (Event ID 6) when someone comments to an issue via email.

I am facing a strange problem

If I manually comment in the issue, then the listner works fine. If I comment via email, the listner does not work. Can you please help.

7 answers

0 votes
Girish Shenoy June 17, 2014
0 votes
Girish Shenoy June 17, 2014

Hi Andy,

I found the following log from the catalina out. I have emailed that directly as spam bot doesnt allow me to attach the output here.

Anyone if you are interested in taking a look at the catalina out file, I have filtered and can email you the file upon request.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2014

As I said in the support ticket, the event is firing because JEMH Event listener is picking it up and generating notifications from that. You need to get more information from the other addon via logging to know more. If there is some problem/expectation of that addon, I can possibly help more, but its hard to know.

0 votes

Hi Andy,

I just tried removing 'Only do when current user is the reporter' and that didnt help.

I still suspect on JEMH triggering Event id 6 during the comment.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2014

Just looking at the options (sorry if I missed this earlier ;), I'm going to guess that this relates to the 'Only do when current user is the Reporter'. Remove that restriction, what happens?

The Authentication context is set in various ways throughought JEMH processing, its not necessarily set at the time the Event is fired. I would not say this is a bug, as there is actually no 'current user' logged in. Its possible this could be fixed in JEMH, if the above test proves this out.

0 votes

0 votes

this is the screenshot from JEMH config

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events