Auto Delete stopped working

Simon Gao March 10, 2013

Hi Andy,

The "Auto Delete" function for JEMH stopped working. The last purge is reported 15 days ago. I had to manually purge all events to free up disk space. What's the best way to restore this function?

We are running JIRA 5.1.7 with JEMH 1.2.79.

Thanks,

Simon

3 answers

0 votes
Simon Gao April 21, 2013

I can't access JEMH-1242 any more. So I will updte the issue here.

After upgrading to Jira 5.2.9, JEMH 1.3.17, auto purging of auditing history worked for a few days, then stopped working again. The status for last purge was "Unknown". The aduit file directory has 21G of files. I manually puged all events, but the status of purge does not show any files or size of files had been purged. See attached screenshot.

I want to make a strong request, please allow users to opt out auditing history feature. The only time it's needed is when they need to troubleshoot. But unfortunately it's the auditing itself has been casuing performance and unexpected problems most of the time.

Simon

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

Hi Simon, the sites have been relocated, please try https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-1242 , please attach screenshots there.

Selecting Delete All (on the left), takes some shortcuts to purge everything ASAP, there is no output as deriving metrics would itself incur an overhead. Current releases of JEMH release, now also have an Invoke Purge Now (on the right) that triggers the scheduled purge process immediately, and will include feedback regarding metrics.

Opting out. is a catch 22, if there is a problem there is no audit trail, meaning data could be lost, with the audit trail, data can't be lost. I do appreciate in high volume environments this has unexpected costs, which have been worked on in recent releases. I have just created JEMH-1329 for the opt-out feature.

0 votes
Simon Gao March 12, 2013

Created a ticket.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2013

Hey there, Simon.

One of the suggestions that I have is to contact the respective plugin developer directly to get your question answered as they will be the best point of contact and they have the knowledge to assist you with it. Kindly refer to the following details:

Name: The Plugin People

Homepage: http://getsatisfaction.com/thepluginpeople

Warm regards,

Danial

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

@Danial, just curious, who do you work for, I can't tell?

@Simon Yep, answers is good but JEMH JIRA directly is better as it allows me to track your problems.

This kind of thing is best dealt with in a support ticket, please raise one in JIRA and I'll see what I can do to help.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2013

Hey there, Andy.

I am with CustomWare. Outsourced by Atlassian for support.

Warm regards,

Danial

Simon Gao March 12, 2013

I've restarted JIRA. But the audit history events auto delete still not working. Any suggestions?

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

Its designed to fire at midnight to avoid local loading during the day, especially after a restart.

I will be looking at this, if you log a specific support ticket I can keep that information in one place. Im still closing out existing support tickets, will get to this soon, logging support case means I wont loose it.

Simon Gao March 12, 2013

Created a bug report,

Simon Gao March 12, 2013

the issue number is JEMH-1242

Suggest an answer