Atlassian product dependencies

kevin_brunner February 13, 2017

Good morning

We are interested to introduce Bamboo, Fisheye and Crucible to our development pipelin.We are currently using other products that we want to replace by Atlassian products.

My question is as follows:

Are there any dependencies between the Atlassian products? I haven't found any helpful information.

Thank you for your information in advance.

Best regards

KB

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2017

There are no "dependencies" - each Atlassian product works on its own (given the right hardware etc), although Crucible runs as part of Fisheye, so you get Fisheye with it.

But there are some very good interactions between them.  We often find running Bamboo alongside Fisheye, Crucible, Bitbucket, and JIRA works very well (the choice between Bitbucket and Fisheye/Crucible is knotty, but as you've said Fisheye, I'd stick with that for now).  Developers get notified of a bug, and can nip into any of the tools to initiate all the work, not jump from app to app.

0 votes
kevin_brunner February 14, 2017

Thank  you very much for your answer.

I read that in the test version of Bamboo 25 Build Agents are included. Do you know if  this includes remote agents or only local agents?

Best regads

KB

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2017

Should be remote, if I remember correctly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events