Atlassian - issue/feature voting statistics

G_ Richard Bellamy June 1, 2014

Let me preface by saying that Atlassian is by-far one of the most transparent organizations with respect to exposing it's issues and internal processes to outside view. That is incredibly cool and attractive as a technology professional working with Atlassian, and I think provides Atlassian with a competitive advantage.

I've been creating, voting and commenting on features/issues for Confluence, JIRA and Bitbucket.

I would like to see some evidence that those (or any) votes and comments are having a material effect on Atlassian's choices regarding direction and change.

Are there any internal statistics or analysis that can be shared publicly to prove that the community input is being addressed, or that it is causing Atlassian to rethink priorities?

This is one area where organizational transparency has been less than optimal, and not just with Atlassian. I think Atlassian is getting valuable feedback and guidance by the level of engagement it has engendered in its community. Closing that feedback loop and offering evidence that this engagement has direct benefit to that community would be of great value.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Bryan has an expert answer to your question on this post. Hope that is useful!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events