Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Sourcetree is so slow, absolutely horrible

David Parham May 31, 2017

Every time i uninstall, reinstall, and load, all it does is free. Horrible! Any suggestions? Nothing in the Event Log, I hear it might be a Git problem. I am supposed to perhaps turn off some kind of filtering. Problem is that the app is too slow to ever click on anything useful. Really need to get some work done/frustrated.

3 answers

0 votes
Alexander Pakizh June 8, 2017

If you use submodules you can have big troubles with slow SourceTree work when switching between branches

See:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/SourceTree-questions/Recursive-submodule-checkout-on-every-branch-switch/qaq-p/211723#M15038

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2017

Hi David! We need more information to continue helping you (not good to be published publicly, such as logs for example), so we've created a ticket in our Support system in your behalf. You should have received a notification in your email, please check it and follow up with us via the private ticket :)

Thanks!

Ana

ChunNorris June 18, 2017

Hi, SourceTree 2 is also very slow for me. 

Even when clicking tool -> options, it took 30 secs to open the option menu, and then another 30 secs to close it.

My PC is perfectly fine when using other softwares, including SourceTree 1.X, and it occurs on both of my PC so I suppose that its not my PC's problem.

Anyway, I'm willing to provide my logs to you. Can you also create a  ticket for me? (and some instructions on what kind of logs you need.) Thanks you.

0 votes
chhabs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2017

What version are you using? If you're using Windows, have you tried version 2.0? We introduced a ton of performance improvements. Check out this blog post that outlines everything we've done to make 2.0 the fastest version of SourceTree yet: SourceTree 2.0 for Windows – 3x faster than SourceTree 1.9

David Parham May 31, 2017

thank you so much for your reply! version is SourceTreeSetup-2.0.20.1. it does not seem to be a simple speed thing. i install it and run it and immediately the hourglass spinner runs and runs. now and then i can click on something...like it is checking something in the background. it makes doing anything, prohibitive. i honestly don't know what to ask. i heard there is a setting i can change, some filter to ignore unstaged files or something like that, but it is so slow i cannot get any action in. ideas?

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2017

Hey David -- can try and install 2.1 and also try the following:

In options, uncheck "Refresh automatically when files change"

In options, uncheck "Refresh when app is not in focus"

Additionally, if you can record a video (that doesn't contain sensitive info), that would help too!

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events