Atlassian Service Workflow

loers May 21, 2013

I m interested in the way the Atlassian Service-Wokrflow is working and the plugins you are using. Currently we try to buil automatic notifications and transitions so these are particulary interesting. I know that the Atlassian Workflow is advanced and maybe you can tell me how it works.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

Hi Florian,

I'm guessing that you are referring to our Atlassian Support System so that is the workflow I will discuss with you. We don't actually have any 3rd-party plugins that I'm aware of in our support JIRA, we have developed some custom plugins in order to prioritise tickets but the vast majority of the activity is handled by standard workflow transitions and the use of Jelly scripts and similar to automate transitions, (such as closing inactive tickets etc), but I think you will find this document useful as it details these things and also links to the documentation required to implement them: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+as+a+Support+System

All the best,
John

0 votes
Remie Bolte
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2014

For future reference: you can also use the Status Updater for JIRA add-on to automate workflow transitions. It works with JQL-based triggers, which can include date comparisions. Upon transitioning workflow a comment can be added to the issue with information about why it was updated. You can use this to implement the support workflow "Waiting for Customer" -> "Pending Closure" -> "Closed" transitions.

0 votes
loers May 22, 2013

Hi John,

first of all thank you for answering my question and the link to the documentation. I think I have to take a look at it and at these Jelly scripts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events