Atlassian Multi-App Install: How best to deploy?

We are about to install Jira, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo, Crucible, and Fisheye locally.

Our team presently consists of about 15 individuals; however, we might deploy JIRA more broadly as a helpdesk solution for our organization.

Would our needs best be served by performing a monolithic install of all components on a single machine, or would we be better off in a more distributed arrangement?

We had been kicking around the idea of putting the database server on one VM, and all of the app servers on one or more additional VMs.

2 answers

0 vote

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for your question.

In my opinion, the best option in here would be "divide to conquer". In case something happens to one of the VMs, you will be able to continue working with the remaining.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired. As well as that, others will be able to identify your question as answered, speeding our process of answering to unanswered questions. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for your reply. 

To clarify, are you recommending that we deploy a separate VM for each product?  For example, the JIRA VM would have both the JIRA app and database tiers on the same VM, the Confluence VM would have both the Confluence app and database tiers on that VM, etc?

Can you link me to documentation showing installation on multiple VMs?

I appreciate the guidance.

We are presently reading about how to slay the dragon, here:

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

237 views 5 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot