Atlassian Files To Backup Up

Bruce Ringler June 11, 2016

Hello, Please move if this is in the wrong forum.

I am backing up atlassian confluence on a Centos 7 server using Bacula, I was looking for a list of directories and files that need to be backed up.  I have the default locations from the installation but seeking all critical location of VM, Spaces, SQL db to verify I am getting everything.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2016

It depends on exactly what you want to restore if something goes bang, but there's three simple things to get a backup of:

• The database - you need to be able to recreate an identical copy of the database for it.
  • The installation directory - possibly optional, as below
  • The "home" directory - possibly not all of it, as below (and you can skip logs and working diretories in there too if you want)

You can find out where all of these are by a quick look at the system information page.

That all assumes you want to be able to go "my server died, recreate confluence in minimal time on another machine".  It's basically a simple "copy and paste" of everything.

But, you don't actually need all of it.  Given a backup of your database and the attachments folder (which is in the "home" directory), you can recreate your server without any data loss.  You have to fiddle around installing a new Confluence and then restoring the database and attachments into it, and then re-indexing etc, but it's eminently possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events