[Atlassian Connector] Create query using custom field

Peter Pizza July 11, 2013

Hi,

in our JIRA workflow, tickets are assigned to specific developers using a field named 'Developer' (I am not sure whether this is already a custom or default field), while 'Assigned to' is typically empty (!).

The Atlassian Connector for Eclipse (version 3.2.1) won't let me create a reasonable query based on the aforementioned workflow - I can only specify "Reported by" and "Assigned to", but not "Developer" for a query that lists "my" tasks.

So, is it basically possible to create a reasonable query using the field 'Developer'?

Best wishes,

Karsten

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

Hi Karsten,

It seems that 'Developer' is a custom field, isn't it? It is not possible to create a query based on custom fields unfortunately.

Why don't you stick to 'assigned to' field?

Cheers,
Jacek

Peter Pizza July 11, 2013

Hi Jacek,

thank you for your (lightning-fast) clarification. The decision about how to use 'assigned to' was taken by our project administrators; I guess they had whatever reason to do so. And yes, based on your comment, I actually assume 'developer' is a custom field. *sigh*

Best wishes,

Karsten

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

You can't search with custom fields but fortunately Connector 3.2.1 displays and allows to alter custom fields. I hope you can find it usefull.

Cheers,
Jacek

Suggest an answer