Assigning Issue to Roadmap and Tracking Velocity

scamarao February 18, 2012

I want to simply assign an issue to a version so it shows up on the Roadmap. How do you do this? I do not see a planned/assigned version. I would also like to see the Velocity towards a specific release showing me what has been fixed vs. assigned.

This is how I would like to use versions with the roadmap and change log

Issue 1 - Bug

Affected Version - 1.0

Assigned Version - 1.1

Fixed Version - 1.1

Issue 2 - Improvement (CR)

Affected Version - 1.0

Assigned Version - 1.1

Fixed Version - 1.2

Issue 3 - Feature/User Story

Assigned Version - 1.2

Fixed Version - 1.2

Roadmap

• Issue 1
    • Issue 2
    • Issue 3

Change Log

• Issue 1
    • Issue 2
    • Issue 3

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2012

Isn't the FixVersion that you are looking for? The Roadmap is based on that. And the release notes gives you the summary of items going out in a Release.

And a burndown of planned vs. closed in releases is available if you have Greenhopper plugin.

scamarao February 18, 2012

Thanks. Just figured that out. Was hoping to keep fixed vs. planning separate...but that's cool. Is there a way to change the field desctiption name to something else? Like have it become "Planned Version" for story and improvement screens and "Fixed Version" for Bug screen.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2012

It may not be possible to call it by different names per issue type. But for the entire Jira instance you need to customize I guess that is possible by adjusting stuff inside JiraWebActionSupport.properties as documented in http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Customizing+text

Suggest an answer