Assigned to me not displaying in my Gadget.

michael kroll March 17, 2014

I saw previous posts, but still not working. I have the assigned to me gadget on my dashboard and I have issues assigned to me, but they do not display.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
michael kroll April 2, 2014

Answered

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2014

It would have been polite to accept Jobin's answer, as his was the first correct response.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

Are they all resolved? The gadhet won't show resolved issues.

If not, try reindexing the JIRA and see if it fixes the issue.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2014

That's not quite what Jobin asked - he asked if they were resolved.

Could you try running a filter for "assignee = me", record the number returned. Then try "assignee = me and resolution is empty" and compare the numbers.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2014

I was being lazy, sorry. What about the other query?

It's actually resolution date and it brings back 39 also. Said resolution is not valid.

Getting this message back.

The value 'me' does not exist for the field 'assignee'.

assignee = currentUser() gives me 39 issues assigned to me

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2014

No, it's not "resolution date", that's irrelevant.

Please, try the query I asked about. Not date. Just resolution.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2014

Resolution is a system field that is always there. If you've somehow "hidden" it, you've pretty much broken your Jira installation.

Anyway, try "resolution = unresolved" - that should work despite any dubious hacks that might be hiding it. I expect it to return exactly the same number of issues you see in the "assigned to me" gadget.

michael kroll March 18, 2014

Just using resolution does not work or I don't have permission to view it.

Still get the same error as before. Does not like resolution. I am not the Admin, so maybe she messed it up.

and if that is the case, she hid it, can it be unhidden and maybe that would correct this issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2014

What, exactly, is the "error" you keep mentioning when you run this search? "It doesn't work" does not really tell us much.

However resolution has been killed off, it sounds like a really dodgy hack, it should always be available to search, even if it's not visible in some or even all projects.

Also, however it's been killed off, undoing the damage is not actually going to fix the problem, just enable us to get to the bottom of it. Correct and proper usage of the field (even when hidden) is essential to Jira and that sounds like it might need fixing.

Field 'resolution' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Where as an Admin would we find resolution to enable it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2014

I can't find any way to actually break my installations that badly. Hiding it in every project doesn't prevent me searching it or anything.

The things that spring to mind though:

1. Are you using Jira in English? If not, then we might want to try finding out what the translation is. Or, temporarily swap your personal language selection to English and try it again.

2. You need to get your admin to enable your access to the resolution field, whatever they've done to cripple it.

She cannot remember if she did it or where she did it from.

Yes, we are using English. I have the Admin checking now to see if it has been disabled.

OK, we were able to unhide resolution and I can now use it in my query. Resolution = unresolved returns nothing.

And I do have some marked as unresolved, but they do not display in the query.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2014

Excellent, that answers your original question then. You're getting nothing in the "assigned to me" gadget because all your issues are resolved (i.e. they have a resolution set - it doesn't matter what the actual value of the field is, if there is *anything* in there, then the issue is resolved)

You've now got two pieces of work to do with your admin

First, you need to establish why things are all having their resolution set, and remove it. Issues should only get resolved when they move from a status that means "needs some attention" to a status that means "yep, we're done with this".

In the default workflow, those "done" status are "resolved" and "closed", but your workflow has probably been customised away from that.

Most importantly, look at the "reopen" transitions - they should clear the resolution. And check the transition screens only contain the resolution field when they're going into a "done" status.

Or, your admin has placed "resolution" on the "create issue" and/or "edit issue" screen - that needs to be removed

Or, your admin has added "unresolved" or some other resolution value that they think means "unresolved", but doesn't because *anything* in the field means "resolved"

Or, some/all of those three!

Once you've fixed the root-cause of these problems..

Second - fix the currently broken issues. You'll need to somehow reopen or edit any "open" issue to remove the resolution.

I was however able to see some resolutions = complete in the query.

Well, we got the dashboard issue corrected. Thanks for all your help!!

0 votes

Some are Closed, some To Do, some Open.

Suggest an answer