Assign priority based on 'To' or 'CC'

JeffJ January 12, 2014

Here's the case:

We have our helpdesk, well just call it helpdesk@helpdesk.com.

1. When a user emails helpdesk@helpdesk.comdirectly it should be assigned a priority of P2. This part I already have working. The P2 status is monitored by the SLA thing in script runner.
  2. When a user emails someone in the company, they may want to CC the helpdesk just so the issue can be tracked. However, if I CC the helpdesk, I don't want it to go into the 'new issue' work flow state, and thus kick off a P2 status like its been emailed directly, I want it to go straight to an 'In Progress' workflow state. If I've CC'd it, I'd probably want it to be a P3 since I'm already aware of it and the primary purpose of the SLA is to make sure we're aware of said issue.

So my question is, how do I cofigure Jemh to look at incoming emails and assign workflow states and priorities based on whether or not Jira has been emailed directly or CC'd?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

Hi Jeff,

This isn't currently implemented, JEMH doesn't make any specific differentiation over whether it was a TO or a CC inbound addressee. I've created a specific feature request for what you describe @ https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-2003

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events