Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artifact Sharing , which is branch specfic.

Nick Winder May 13, 2014

I've been looking into sharing artifacts between plans, which all work fine until I want to pick up a specfic artifact that has been produced by a specific branch. By deafult the Artifact Downloader seems to take the latest published artifacts from the default branch.

This issue seems to have been brought up before and even though it seems it was fixed in 5.1.1 (as per BAM-13584) , still in 5.3 I cannot chose a branch to pick up my shared Artifacts from in the Artifact downloader. Just wondered if this is still a issue or am I missing something?

Thank you

3 answers

1 vote
jlmverhoeven October 5, 2014

Same problem here using the on demand version. Very much not handy...

0 votes
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2014

It is currently not supported by Artifact downloader task to select the branch.

However, I found a workaround for this.

I needed to:

• include the branch name in the artifact name (e.g. product-trunk.war, product-integration.war)
  • change the build plan artifact definition and define
    • TRUNK war artifact as *trunk.war
    • INTEGRATION war artifact as *integration.war
    • ANY war artifact as *.war

The last ANY artifact is needed for the deployment plans to fetch the artifact because in deployment projects there IS a possibility to select a branch.

Using this workaround you can create even triggerred plans that will deploy from branches you choose in their definition.

0 votes
Shai September 22, 2014

I have the same problem. Is there a solution for it? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events