Are there really no translations available?

blanckma January 6, 2012

I was looking for german translations on the jira trail, but I found none.

After thinking I make something wrong, I found this bug report https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/JST-801

Is there really no way to get translations on the onDemand JIRA at the moment? I think I could convince my company for jira, one of the last arguments of the "excel is better" fraction is the not available language support.

A behind the firewall solution is no option for us.

Any solutions or do I just have to wait for an update of the software? Is onDemand language support even planned?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2012

@nightwatch If you want hosted, we can help you with managed hosting where you can install more plugins than avail right now with OnDemand (and for a little while). Its 24x7 support, totally no headaches.

With that, you could use AppFusions' SpeakMyLanguage Translation plugin for JIRA, among others too.

Send me a mail if want to hear more, since we have some other things on our roadmap that I can share.

Best,

Ellen

ellen@appfusions.com

0 votes
blanckma January 6, 2012

Thanks Ellen,

I will take third party hosting in mind if translation is a must for our guys. At the moment, I am just evaluating this whole topic.

Best regards,

Marcel

0 votes
blanckma January 6, 2012

Someone just made german available to my trail account in the mean time. So it seams like one just has to ask =)

While not everything is translated and here and there is a problem with fixed widths buttons and (now) too long text, it still is better.

Good job, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events