Are there any security issues from a WannaCry worm going around the world?

Are you having anyissues from a WannaCry security problem that is hitting the entire world? Are we fully protected from it?  

What is your official position?

This is urgent, can you reply by end of day today?  5/15/17.  The major corporation we do work for needs to know. 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Daniel Eads Community Champion May 15, 2017

Hi John,

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for. WannaCry is a ransomware attack that affects Windows machines. Atlassian products running in Cloud (e.g. yourcompany.atlassian.net) do not run on Windows, and thus would not be affected. Any Atlassian products you have running locally on Server or DataCenter are your own responsibility for the underlying hardware. While many companies choose to run on Linux, others do choose to run on Windows Server. I would suggest checking with the server administration team at your company if you have Server products (e.g. jira.yourcompany.com ).

Hope that helps,

Daniel

Thank you for your quick reply. Very helpful. You answered my question.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

53 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you