I've stumbled on what I think is a bug of sorts.
1. Go to GH planning board.
2. New Card > Create a new epic
3. Give that epic a label under "epic/theme" field.
4. Now go to Jira, Create New Issue. Make a story and give it the same label name as you did in step 3. (It doesn't even auto-populate, showing it's totally unaware of the label you made in GH)
5. Go back to the planning board, find this new story you made in step 4.
6. Notice there is no epic assigned to it though you chose the same label as you did for the epic.
It seems to me that GH's labels for epic/theme use are separate from the labels Jira uses otherwise.
Every team in the world is unique, and so Atlassian believes that each and every team's best way of working needs to be molded to their unique circumstances – ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot