Any plans on integrating Wiki Style Renderer in Atlassian Answers?

ConradR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

As far as I know Atlassian uses a customized version of OSQA and has a private repostitory for it:

https://bitbucket.org/jlargman/atlassian-osqa

Are there any plans on improving the editor and maybe integrating a port of Wiki Style Renderer? I think this could be a huge improvement to the current editor.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2013

There's no immediate plans for that, no. Would love to hear what bugs you with the current editor, if you have any specifics where we could do smaller changes?

ConradR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

Mostly usability issues. With Wiki Markup you have more control on what you are doing. When you are used to it, it's hard to use anything else... ;)

Just a few points:

• If you start your answer/comment with a quote or code block you can't add normal text before that.
  • After adding a code block you can't change the language
  • Preview should be highlighted like in Jira (I often click into the preview because I want to edit it)
  • Why is spellcheck="false"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events