Any plans for SpecFlow and JIRA integration?

Anya Klak April 22, 2013

As BDD (Behavior-driven development) becomes popular it would be nice to pay a bit more and have this amazing feature offered by JIRAs or JIRA OnDemand plugin.

Any attempt for answering this question would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anya

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2013

At this time, there are no plans to integrate these products that I am aware of. I recommend you file a feature request at: http://jira.atlassian.com

2 votes
Alan Parkinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

Behave Pro is a BDD integration for JIRA OnDemand.

It allows you to write BDD Scenarios on Issues but also organize them as Features for the use with Cucumber, SpecFlow and other BDD Test Automation tools

Alex Key February 5, 2014

Ooo looks nice, it's a shame it's ondemand only.

Alan Parkinson [Hindsight Software]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2014

In the next 2 months we will have a Behave Pro version you run on own hardware behind the firewall.

I'm happy to dicuss this further via email http://hindsightsoftware.com/contact-us/

Alex Key February 5, 2014

Sounds good, it's not something we're geared up to use yet - but it's great to hear, I'll keep it at the back of my mind when we're ready..

1 vote
Dave Pearl November 18, 2016

Hey,

We are using Hiptest for some of our BDD projects at Accenture. It has a great integration with JIRA and supports both manual and automation. You have refactoring, autocomplete... A great tool!

Cheers,

Dave

Monica Kim July 7, 2018

hi Dave,

When you say autocomplete, do you mean you can write Given, When, Thens in Jira and it shows you the choices available for each Given, When, Then? I was watching the Hiptest video and it only seemed to show the test in Jira after it was written elsewhere. Our product owner is interested in being able to write them in Jira and not come up with new language for steps that might already exist. 

And are you using SpecFlow? We are interested in any C# options and are trialling SpecFlow now.

Alan Parkinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2018

Hi Monica

Autocomplete in Hiptest and Behave Pro both support suggesting existing Given, When,  and Then steps.

Cheers

Alan

Suggest an answer