Anchors should not be considert by TOC Macro

We've got a nasty issue. A lot of our documentation consists of large pages. For a better navigation within the page, we use a lot of anchors. If one of those anchors is accidently formated as heading, it is also recognized by the TOC-macro.

Problem is:

If you add a link to a heading-formated anchor somewhere on the page and click it, the link points to the TOC listing.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

* Write a page with several headings

* Put an anchor somewhere on that page and format it as heading (h1-h6 work fine ... doesn't matter).

* Create a link pointing to that anchor

* Add the TOC-macro on top of the page

* Click the link.

1 answer

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Aug 27, 2012

Hi Dominic,

I don't think that this is an error. The toc-macro lists all the headings in the page. If your anchors are headings, the macro is doing its job fine.

The other way round: if someone creates a heading as an anchor intentionally. How would you explain him / her that this heading is not shown in the toc ?

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 51m ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

41 views 3 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you