Anchor problems within a page with a "'" in the title

Hi, I have had troubles with links to an anchor within the same page - some worked, some dist,

Having spent a substantial amount of time comparing working cases and none working cases it appears that links to a links to an anchor within a page doesnt work if the page has "'" in its name - guess there are other characters that revela this problem too.

Is this a known bug?????

2 answers

1 accepted

Its somewhat worse than having "'" in the title. After an email exchange with Atlassian and specifically testing cases I belive the folliwng caracchaters are the ones that cuase the issue:

" - "quote"
& - "amper" - distinct from "amp" in "&","and"
' - "apostrophe"
< - "waka", "less"
> - "waka", "more"

there may be more but these are the only ones on my keyboard :)

I think you are right. The page title becomes part of the anchor link and in the link it can't handle quotation marks and other special chars.

I don't know if there is a solution except for simply not using quotation marks in page titles?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Uncategorized

Friday fun: how many celebrates Midsummer holiday or is this a Swedish tradition only?

Any other country that celebrates Midsummer holiday (this friday 22 June)?  

44 views 3 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you