All Issue Types do not show in dropdown when editing issue type

Ayat Sweid January 1, 2013

Hello!

I have a project with custom issue types. When users create an issue and then want to come back and change the issue's issue type, it doesn't show all the projects issue types in the dropdown! I've narrowed the problem down to dealing with field configurations because the only issue types that show are the ones assigned to the Default Field Configuration

There are 4 issue types in my project that are assigned to the Default Field Configuraiton. Then my other 4 (which are not showing in the dropdown) have their own Field Configuration each. Then I have a Field Configuration Scheme that includes all 8 issue types so they only work that way for my project.

In my testing, I moved on of my non-showing issue types to the Default Field Configuration and it shows in teh dropdown! But I can't move all my issue types to have the default configuration - they all have custom field configurations.

How can I maintain different field configurations for my issue types and still allow them to show in the issue type dropdown when trying to edit it after creation of an issue?

Thanks so much in advance for all your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

It wont. While editing issue types, the drop down wll show only those issue types which are similar in workflow (which means they share the same 'statuses') and field configuration schemes which allows the existing data acceptable for the new issue type.

For changing to different issue types, you need to do 'Move Issue', rather than Edit, so that JIRA has a chance to ask you to modify the incompatible data.

Ayat Sweid January 1, 2013

That makes sens. Thank you for your reply!

Suggest an answer