Agile - Custom Columns

Jason Langdon January 28, 2013

We originally set up a "Done" column to display the tasks/work completed, and then the final step would be an "Archive" as the final step of the workflow, which is not displayed - figuring that over time this would grow to a considerable size.

Now we are wondering whether we can display this "Archive" column but have the individual tasks/jobs fall away based on a time/number limit (ie. once in the Archive for more than 24 or 48 hours it would no longer be displayed in the column.

I have looked at the Min/Max constraints but these are not appropriate for our needs.

Is this something which can be configured?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2013

Hi Jason,

I would suggest this could be done with either of the following:

1. Updating the agile custom filter query, using an exclude arguement like project = <project name> ORDER BY Rank ASC AND resolutiondate >= "-2d"

2. If you wanted to mark the date of the archive transition, by creating a custom-field for the archivedate to be updated on the workflow transition and subsequently updating the filter with an expression similar to: project = <project name> ORDER BY Rank ASC AND archivedate >= "-2d"

Thanks,

Paul

Jason Langdon January 29, 2013

Thanks for your assistance.

I tried both of those but got the following sort of errors:

Error in the JQL Query: Expecting ',' but got 'AND'. (line 1, character 53) - this error was for having 'AND' following Rank ASC.

When I added the ',' instead of 'AND' I got the following:

Error in the JQL Query: Expecting either 'ASC' or 'DESC' but got '-1d'. (line 1, character 69) - after resolutiondate it was expecting ASC or DESC rather than "-1d".

It then wanted another comma after ASC, rather than "-1d".

Cheers,

Jason

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2013

Hi Jason,

Apologies, the example arguments should have looked like:

* project = <project name> AND resolutiondate >= "-2d" ORDER BY Rank ASC

* project = <project name> AND archivedate >= "-2d" ORDER BY Rank ASC

thanks,

Paul

Jason Langdon January 29, 2013

I tried "archivedate" and it says it is not valid.

The resolutiondate code is valid, but Im not sure that the effect is what I am after. When I set up the filters for the various tasks and then click on the filters, all tasks in the project disappear.

Im thinking its because Resolution is set to "Unresolved" regardless of whether a task is in progress, or has been completed. In looking through various tasks at various points in the Workflow, I cannot see a way to change this.

Update: I have found the issue with Resolution not changing, so hopefully with some newly created Tasks I can see how this works for the current project.

However, in checking a different Project which had been set up to change the Resolution on completion of task, the issue above, where all the tasks whether active or completed disappear on using the new Filter.

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2013

Hi Jason,

Only resolutiondate is an existing field. To use archivedate (or similar) you would need to define your own custom field. There is a great article here about custom-field's in JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Field Afterwards you would need to look into the addition of a new column in GreenHopper, the following guide would be useful: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Columns#ConfiguringColumns-Addanewcolumn

Cheers,

Paul

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

And also add (resolutiondate is empty) or (resolutiondate >= -2d) to the clause

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events