After upgrade to 6.1.3, "Issues in Epic" throws ResourceNotFound exception

Murilo Guimaraes February 20, 2013

I have just upgraded from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3.1, specifically for the new Issues in Epic section of the issue detail view for epic type issues. After the upgrade and a re-index, I see the following error message inside the Issues in Epic section:

Error rendering WebPanel (templates/greenhopper/web/issue/panels/issues-in-epic-panel.vm): org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource 'templates/greenhopper/web/issue/panels/issues-in-epic-panel.vm'

What should I try next?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2013
Hello,

The error (Unable to find resource 'templates/greenhopper/web/issue/panels/issues-in-epic-panel.vm') is related to a missing package on the JAR file of your Greenhopper plugin. Somehow your plugin have this missing .vm file which seems to be root cause of the problem.

This problem can be solved by following the steps below:

1. Shutdown JIRA.
  2. Go to <JIRA-home-directory>/plugins/installed-plugins/ and delete the JAR file for the GreenHopper plugin.
  3. Download the latest version from here
  4. Put the newly downloaded JAR back into <JIRA-home-directory>/plugins/installed-plugins/
  5. Delete everything found in <JIRA-home-directory>/plugins/.osgi-plugins/ directory
  6. Restart JIRA.
I hope it helps!
Yael Frankel March 10, 2013

Thank you, this was very helpful

0 votes
Murilo Guimaraes March 3, 2013

Sorry, have not found an answer yet. In contact with support trying to figure it out.

0 votes
Yael Frankel February 24, 2013

I have the excat same problem after upgrading to 6.1.3.2. Any chance you found a solution?

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

It might be worth trying upgrading to v6.13.2, just released today. This introduces the ability to:

Create Issue when viewing an Epic in JIRA

..so you know that the Epic section that concerns you has been touched by the new release. If you do not come right then you can submit a support request referencing "current GH version", and if you do come right then you have scored a bit of extra functionality as well.

Murilo Guimaraes March 3, 2013

Thanks, I upgraded to 6.1.3.2 but still have the same issue. In touch with support now!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events