After latest Jira Cloud update, how do you upload "Epic Link" via CSV bulk upload?

Sarah Wilkerson October 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Cannot Import Epic Link from CSV due to Incorrect Format

Ever since the latest Jira cloud update, I have not been able to upload "Epic Link" field via a CSV bulk upload. I was alway able to do this previously.  I have tried name, link id (ex PLATFORM-205), adding Epic Name, etc. Issues upload successfully but "Epic Link" is blank.  Note that this is NOT a duplicate epic name issue either.  I have already checked that.  How do you now upload an EPIC LINK via a CSV bulk upload to Jira?

Note that this started occurring when Atlassian changed their CSV export function as well.  Now on the export from JIRA to CSV, the epic link doesn't show the NAME (ex: Front-end) rather it shows the epic key (ex: ABA-123)...which is very frustrating, but that's another topic.

2 answers

0 votes
Sarah Wilkerson November 2, 2016

Thank you @Dario Bonotto for the update to JRA-62251.  I tried the CSV upload again since this fix.  I used the phrase in the Epic Link and it worked correctly in the upload.

Thank you!

Sarah

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2016

Glad that it helped! smile

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2016

I think you are hitting this bug that is being fixed now:

A possible (partial) workaround is in the bug ticket description.

Cheers,
Dario 

Suggest an answer