After changing setting cloverDatabase, clover2:aggregate fails

Fernando Fraticelli December 5, 2011

I'm using the maven clover2 pluging, version 3.0.5, and I'm having issues invoking clover2:aggregate. If I do chagne the name/locatio of the clover database, I'm successfull in executing clover2:aggregate. The minute I change it to something other than the default, I get "No Clover databases found in children projects - No merge done"

Is there a bug in the aggregate goal if you change the location or name of the database file?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Tomek Bujok September 13, 2012

Adding site to the end of the command did the trick:

mvn clean clover2:setup verify clover2:aggregate clover2:clover site

Thanks,
Tom

0 votes
Tomek Bujok September 13, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. How do I include the aggregated report in the site then?

Tom

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2012

"No Clover databases found in children projects - No merge done"

This message typically occurs when you have clover2:aggregate goal defined in pom.xml. For example a following definition is incorrect for multi-module projects:

<plugin>
  <groupId>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-clover2-plugin</artifactId>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <phase>verify</phase>
      <goals>
         <goal>instrument</goal>
         <goal>aggregate</goal>
         <goal>clover</goal>
      </goals>
    </execution>
  </executions>
</plugin>

mvn verify

Instead of this you should call aggregate goal in mvn commandline, for example this is correct:

mvn clean clover2:setup verify clover2:aggregate clover2:clover

Background reason:

Maven starts building projects from top-level module, going through all phases, next it starts to build sub-modules (again going through all phases) one after another. As a result, when you have clover2:aggregate bound in top-level pom.xml to some build phase (like 'verify' in my example), Maven will come to aggregate goal in top-level module and fail, because sub-modules were not built yet and there are no databases availalble.

In case when you declare phases/goals in command line, Maven will execute first declared phase (for example, building all modules), next execute second phase etc... So in my correct example it will: clean all modules, setup Clover, build and test all modules, aggregate results, generate report.

Regards
Marek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events