After a git branch is deleted, does the Bamboo git cache get removed?

I'm using a Maven plugin (jgitflow) via Bamboo that creates a 'release' branch only if a 'release' branch doesn't already exist.  After deleting the previous 'release' branch, I try to run the plugin again to create the 'release' branch but get the following error:

"Error starting release: Error starting release: a release branch [refs/remotes/origin/release/1.0.0] already exists. Finish that first!"

The 'release' branch mentioned above was deleted, but the Bamboo git cache makes Bamboo think it still exists.  Is there a way to update the git cache automatically?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Jonathan,

The instructions to remove the git cache can be found in Git cache removal in Bamboo.  In general this requires a restart so if you were to script this you would need to restart Bamboo.

In the latest Bamboo versions (5.x) there is a user interface feature (Overview > Repository Settings) that allows you to clean the Git cache without requiring a shut down of the application. 

I would definitely recommend adding a Suggestion to JAC for this feature.  If you do so please add the link to the ticket here so the community can vote on it!

Cheers,

Branden

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting a link to the Suggestion request!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Wednesday in Hipchat Cloud

Hipchat Cloud and Stride End of Life: Just over 90 days away

Earlier this year we made the difficult decision to discontinue our team messaging tools, Stride and Hipchat. The end of life date for Stride and Hipchat Cloud is quickly approaching - February 15, 2...

40 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you